LIFELINE - Gen 3 FIRE™ Rescue Tool
The LIFELINE® FIRE tool is portable and light-weight featuring a fixed blade and single-handed self-releasing sheath. When combined, the fixed blade and self-releasing sheath function as an easily accessible, highly aggressive cutting tool for use in confined, low visibility emergency situations. By providing this type of unique functionality, a user can disengage the tool from its sheath one-handed, without any mechanical manipulation and utilize the aggressive tool serrations to rescue oneself and others from dangerous situations. The device can also be used to create alternative exit or entry routes through structural walls.
The LIFELINE® FIRE tool will cut through:
- Sheetrock and internal wall components such as BX wiring, Romex wiring, Audio/Video wiring and PEX tubing;
- Internal ceiling components such as drop ceiling framing, Audio/Video wiring, Fiber-optic and other coaxial cable;
- Laminated vehicle windshields and laminated side windows and more.
The Lifeline® Fire tool also includes a window breaker at the bottom of the handle, made from thick 3/16 inch 440c stainless steel optimal for mechanical door breaching (i.e., cold breaches). LIFELINE® FIRE handles and sheaths are made with DuPont Zytel Heat Resistant ThermoPlastic with a 572° F melting point. Overall, the LIFELINE® FIRE tool is designed to meet or exceed the requirements outlined in NFPA 1982 standards.
- 100% American Made 440c Steel
- Heat Resistant ThermoPlastic Sheath With Innovative Single-Handed Operation
- Heat Injection Molded Sheath and Handle With DuPont Zytel
- Heat Resistant ThermoPlastic – 572 F Melting Point
- Highly Aggressive Innovative Serrations Designed with Thick Robust Steel Ideal For Cutting, Prying and Breaching
- Designed to Meet or Exceed NFPA 1982
- Now available with ultra-bright fluorescent properties for increased visibility
Fixed Blade Measurements:
- Length: 7-1/8", Width 7/8", Thickness: 3/16" blade and 1/2" handle
- Weight: 4.07 oz
- Hardness: Rockwell B59-60
Self-Releasing Sheath Measurements:
- Length: 5-1/8" , Width: 1-7/8" , Thickness: 3/4"
- Weight: 3.24 oz.
- Melting Point: 572° F